Learn and experience French language
1st Term | September 1-15
2nd Term | January 1-15
3rd Term | April 1-15
Online Classes Information
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, Alliance Française de la Dominique offers on site classes in keeping with the safety and sanitation protocols implemented by the Ministry of Health, Wellness, and New Health Investment of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
We also offer various French classes online.
French for Kids
Children are not forgotten at the Alliance Françaises! Learn French in a fun way, specially designed for a young audience.
From A1 level
- Leave your little ones in good hands
- Fun, creative & educational activities
- A soft introduction to French learning
Starting at 100XCD / term
Intended for teens students, this course will provide them with the best means to develop their skills in the four core areas (reading, writing, listening and speaking) in a friendly yet stimulating environment.
From A1 / A2 level
- Compliment to schools’ French classes
- Modern and interactive way of teaching
- Support to your CSEC French exam
Starting at 125XCD / term
Our courses enable our students to develop linguistic, socio-cultural and rapidly applicable skills through language activities defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
From A1 to B2 levels
On site or Online
- There is no age to learn new things
- Smart educational material
- Communication based activities
Starting at 150XCD / term
Adult Advanced Intensive Course
Private Classes are aimed at people who wish to learn French at their own pace, who wish to benefit from a specific learning program or who cannot come at the Alliance Française’s premises.
From B2 level
- Private tutor
- Tailor-made schedule and program
Starting at 80XCD / month
DELF Exam Preparation
You want to study or work abroad, but a minimum level of French is required at the DELF/DALF? These exam preparation courses give you the keys to success.
From A2 to B1 levels
- Training for the new DELF/DALF examination format
- Get to understand exactly what is expected from you and pass the exam successfully!
Starting at 80XCD
If you want to improve your skills in a particular linguistic field in an academix and/or professional perspective, together we can establish a needs analysis to set up a training program and schedule helping you achieve your specific goals.
From A2 level
- Fully customized offer
- Tailor-made to the precise needs of your linguistic situation and workfield
Starting at 125XCD / term
Language Level Test
Do you want to test your language level before signing up for a course?
Starting a training, sitting an exam or applying for a job? We have the test which meets your needs!
To register for the placement test, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Oral test on Zoom (10 minutes max)
- On the assigned date and time, follow the Zoom link given to you to test your speaking skills. Make sure you connect yourself at least 5 minutes before your test in order to check your speaker and mic.
- No specific preparation is required. The test will be live with a French teacher. Don’t be stressed!
How do I apply for admission as a student?
There is no prerequisite condition to study at the Alliance Française de la Dominique. All levels are welcome, from beginners to intermediate and advanced students. We teach individuals aged 6 minimum, up to all ages.
How can I pay?
- At the reception desk during working hours with cheque or by cash.
- By MoBanking and/or bank transfer at any National Bank of Dominica branch, sending the deposit slip to email@example.com
Account name: Alliance Française de la Dominique | Account number: 80320100061
What are the deadlines for registration or pre-registration?
No deadlines! You can join a class any time. If you want to enjoy the full term, do not miss the registration periods: January 1-15 / April 1-15 / September 1-15. Mid term prices also available.
When can I start classes?
Classes take place all year-round. New sessions start in January, April and September, but you can also join a class at mid-session if you like.
How many students are there per class?
There is an average of 7 students per class.
Which teaching method is used?
All our teachers use a communication based approach in their classes. We have one textbook corresponding to each level. Teachers also use all kinds of teaching facilities (audio, videos, etc).
You may enquire at the secretariat or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to rent the textbook. This one can last up to one year.